New York City in a Weekend
My dear, let me tell you about one of the very best cities this world has to offer; New York, New York.
Let me start with telling you I have lived here for a short time, and I visit (very) often. This city will light something within you. When you arrive you automatically feel like you have this raging capability of wearing WHATEVER you damn well please. Thats the beauty of this city, anything is possible.
Second, you feel like calories don't exist. Which, here, they probably shouldn't, because, well, the food is to die for, and endless.
- Artichoke Pizza. If you like artichoke dip (who doesn't) and Alfredo sauce, then you should go here. Its like the two of these had a baby, and it came out on a slice of thin pizza. Go hungry because one slice is the size of your face, or bigger. all you need is $6 for a mouth water slice of heaven. Be careful! They only take cash.
- Buddakan. Any SATC fans out there. (Sex and The City). This is what brought me into this hip meat packing district restaurant. The place was filmed in for The SATC movie, where Carrie had their rehearsal dinner, and the famous "Last single girl kiss". However, what kept me coming back was how out of this work the food was. Its asian cuisine with a twist. I can say confidently this is the best place I have ever eaten, and I go back every time I am in the city. Be ready to spend a small fortune tho, this place isn't cheap. It is worth every penny. I always order the shrimp (and I don't even like seafood, but these suckers are *enter tongue emoji*) and the short rib.
- Momofuku Milk bar. DESSERT BABY. They make ice cream that taste like... wait for it... cereal milk! because who doesn't love cereal marinated milk.
Obviously. I have a tinny shopping problem, k. But what girl doesn't?
- Make sure you go to SoHo. The cobble stone streets and the buildings captivate you into some of the best shopping NY has to offer. From All Saints to Steve Madden, Brandy Melville to Broome Street Boutiques, you will get the NYC taste of shopping you have always dreamed of.
- Flatiron. If you find the flatiron building, you've made it. There is Lulu, Mac, and all the other well known brands you can think of here, not to mention, the Flat iron building is picture perfect.
- Herald Square up by 34th street. a little more on the touristy side, but everything you could need.
Things to do:
- Hillsong NYC. This is usually the reason I am in NYC in the first place. This place is a home to me. Even though it is held in a night club or old theater, the Spirit moves here. Catch some amazing, life changing worship, speakers that help you grow and inspire change in you and experience Jesus. please if you do one thing on your visit, go here. You can find the address and service times on their website, or TEXT ME. I can do anything to help you get here.
- Highline walk. A beautiful park made on old railroad lines above ground. The walkway starts at the end of the Chelsea Market and winds around above the streets of the meat packing district. An absolute must.
- Chelsea Market. I should have put this in the food section but it deserves here as well, because woah it is an experience.
- Top of the Rock. Most people say to go to the top of the Empire State building but I prefer the top of the rock. The lines are far shorter, its less expensive, and the views are better. You can see the Empire State building stand tall over this beautiful city.
If you need any tips or tricks please reach out to me. This city has a place in my heart that no other city will touch. Let me help make it that way for you as well.
All my love